NS25 was the RAF's last Air Signallers course for National Servicemen. It started in December 1952 at RAF Halfpenny Green and transferred to RAF Swanton Morley when HG closed in 1953. There were 20 plus in the original intake of whom 17 completed the course in October 1953. After passing out they were, with two exceptions, posted for duty with Coastal Command to RAF Ballykelly in Northern Ireland, where they flew as crew members in Shackletons. The exceptions were Ed Weeks (RAF Aldergrove) and Sidney Schuman (RAF Hullavington).
We were 'demobbed' in October 1954 - some stayed in touch but most went their own way. It was not until 1996 that we met for our first reunion at Claverly, close to Halfpenny Green. There were just ten of us then, plus partners. Over the years, numbers at the reunions have dropped, but they continue to be an opportunity for us to remember past times and absent friends.